Sunday, December 11, 2011

Believe.. by SportsGirl

Recently I was tagged by childhood friend and blogger - The Bikini Files to answer a few questions posed by the team at Sports girl; an initiative created to encourage women to confidently go towards the direction of their dreams. To live life like we always imagined. To believe, in make believe.

Q: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I know I wanted to be one of the following:
  • Teacher
  • Singer
  • Writer 
  • A new character addition to my favorite cartoon - Jem & the Holograms (right)





Q: Did you make this dream come true or change your mind?
Sing.. Well needless to say, I am not a famous singer, but I still jump at any opportunity to hog the mic at any Karaoke session. Had I actually had any real talent, I would have been more proactive about pursuing a career in this industry.. for now I shall be singing solely for the bathroom and karaoke room sessions. 

Teach.. after teaching English in Korea for two years, I decided that I do not want to spend my days with other people's children. But that I was a good teacher and wouldn't mind revisiting this dream one day, when I'm older and hopefully wiser! 

Writing.. For now I have found that I am a great copywriter. I have copy written for the last few years in each of my past and current jobs. I now blog to feed the writer in me, to write what I want. Share stories with friends and readers. I have now written many blogs and articles -- all of which I am proud of. 

As for being a 5th addition to Jem and the Holograms, I believe that this could still happen :) 

Q: What is your favourite childhood memory?
I remember visiting my grandfather's bungalow in the outskirts of Calcutta as a little girl. I used to sit with him in our garden near the lake, while he cut fresh coconuts for me. My favorite fruit.. 

Q: The biggest dream you have right now?
I want to write a novel one day, get it published. Have a family of my own, with the man I love, and who loves me. Yes.. I'm a romantic. 

Q: Your summer must-have pick from the current Sportsgirl range?
Evie Button Through Maxi Dress AUD $99.95
Sierra Button Skirt AUD $89.95 
Elegant Gypsy Studs, Lemon AUD $7.95

Solid Bangle, Peach AUD $9.95

To continue this e-thread of 'believing' I am tagging Coco Celine and Hai-Ku Life.  

Here's to Believe and Believing!

No comments:

Post a Comment