Wednesday, February 22, 2012

FOODIE REVIEW: BANG BANG PAN PAN

 
You read it. Hong Kong's ONLY do-it-yourself Okonomiyaki Restaurant. I went there. I ate there. And omigoodness, I am SO going back there!

A long morning of stress and zero breakfast later, my friends M & M (no pun intended) and I were craving somethin' somethin' Japanese to eat for a late lunch. We had often driven past Bang Bang Pan Pan, in the Causeway Bay district, and admired the large monkey mascot and the hot plate tables inside. Why did I take this long to go try the food?!

The dealio is -- you can either order the plain or the curry flavored base batter, which arrives in a bowl with 3~4 of your chosen ingredients. You then mix and then BANG BANG PAN PAN it onto your hot plate and begin the cooking process! 

I ordered: Curry batter base, cabbage and one egg (included), shitake mushrooms, spring onions and octopus.
My friends M & M ordered: Original batter base, cabbage and one egg (incl.), spring onions, bacon, onion, and salami.
We topped each Okonomiyaki with seaweed powder, a little bit of japanese mayo, some brown okonomiyaki sauce, and fish flakes. Don't ask. They both tasted fantasmical! 

Next time, I want to try the okonomiyaki with soba noodles! It looked deelish!

34 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay | Tel. +852 2203 4009

2 comments: