Wednesday, March 28, 2012

FOODIE REVIEW: THE DRAKE HOTEL, TORONTO

HELLOOOO NOODLE LOVERS!!!
Wow, I have missed blogging. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am in Canada! The flight over here was long, the layover was draining -- and I definitely felt delusional when I got off the plane. 30+ hours of transit is no joke!

I rested for two days, went house hunting for one day, and then off I went to Watertown, New York to surprise Mr. Man. For those of you who haven't been following my tweets, Mr. Man has been away and deployed to Afghanistan for the past year. It has been a tough year and I missed him more than ever.

What did I decide to do? Well the obvious of course, I purposely argued with him and then decided to -- surprise him. After two days of trying to get over the jet lag as rapidly as possible, I headed to Watertown, New York. I conspired with one of Mr. Man's friends to pick me up from Syracuse and then drove me to her house, where I napped, showered and got ready.

They came into the gymnasium, packed with family, friends and many loved ones. We waited what felt like forever and then they entered. I was so happy I cried.
Welcome home baby :)
NOW FOR SOME FOOD
I should have taken pictures of the yummy food I made for Mr. Man, but that will have to wait till later.

One of my first stops when I got back to Toronto, wasn't Poutine, wasn't a bar to get a Caesar -- > I went to Chipotle to try my first chicken burrito (and yes I have had chicken burritos before, but I have never been to a Chipotle.) One of their Chicken Burritos was big enough to feed TWO PEOPLE. I ate it all by myself. Guilt free. My fillings were pretty standard: brown rice, smoked chicken, black beans, spicy salsa, sour cream -- mm getting cravings again..
Chipotle -- Your burrito made me super happy!
THE DRAKE HOTEL, TORONTO 
Now, I love a good salad. After a few days of running around town, trying desperately to find an apartment, I might have been lazy with the workouts -- and eating things like a Chicken Burrito from Chipotle eventually feels wrong (even though it felt so right while eating it.)
Today, I worked out for an hour and a half, did some cardio, worked out the abs, core, legs, free weights and then I met a friend at The Drake Hotel on Queen Street West.
I had to made sure my post-workout meal was healthy and filled with protien. After browsing the menu and foregoing the poutine, burgers, fries, I decided to be responsible and ordered the Hemp Chop Salad with a glass of fresh pressed grapefruit juice.

INGREDIENTS
- split quinoa  
- chick peas
- yellow beet root
- cherry tomatoes
- boiled egg
- blanched ripini
- cucumbers
- taggiasca olives
- hemp dressing
Hemp Chop Salad @ the Drake Hotel, Toronto ON
The only thing I have to say, go to The Drake Hotel and make sure you try the food. From what all my friends tell me, they have all tried different dishes, and everyone had only good things to say. Based on the salad I ate, to the people at Drake -- I'll be back.

1 comment: