Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Adventures of Noodles & Squiggles (Part One)

If you have been following my TWEETS, then you all know that I haven't blogged in about 2 months. Mr. Man has been back after a year of deployment in Afghanistan and then Mr. Man (whom I shall now refer to as squiggles) and I began a three week journey touring the East Coast of the United States.

ATLANTA  


After driving for about 16 hours and sleeping in the car overnight in Lebanon, Pennsylvania (don't ask) we checked into our hotel, ate a quick meal at Steak n Shake -- which was aweful -- and then went back to our room to sleep and gather our energy for our first full day in Atlanta, Georgia.

FOX BROS. Bar - B - Q


I first heard about Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q on some TV show (travel channel.) I forget the name of the TV Show, but when they opened up the smokers at Fox's, and I saw the video clip of their moist brisket, dripping of jus... I went online, hunted thier address down, and made sure that I paid a visit during my spring trip with Squiggles.  
Squiggles and I shared one of their meat sampler plates (pictured below) - a generous serving of baby back ribs, chicken wings, beef brisket and pulled pork appeared before us. It was like a mirage -- I just couldn't beleive what was in front of me. We chose potato salad and fried okra as our side dishes, and oh my goodness am I glad. The potato salad was creamy and the fried okra was crispy batter perfection! The chicken wings were flavourful and fell off the bone, the ribs were soft and tender, the brisket and pulled pork had the sweetness meat gets, after being cooked for a long period of time.
Ribs, Wings, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Potato Salad & Fried Okra
We washed down our meal with some good old fashioned water and let the food coma take over control. It was bliss.

People, if you are in the good city of Atlanta, and do not go to Fox Bros. Bar-b-que.. well then, YOU ARE MISSING OUT! Next time I'm in town, I want to try their mac n' cheese side dish with one of their signature sandwiches. Nom nom*

1238 Dekalb Ave
Atlanta, GA 30307
Opening Hours
Mon-Thursday: 11:00am-10pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:00am-11:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am-10:00pm

More Things To Do in Atlanta


The World of Coca Cola was one of our top things to do in Atlanta. Coca Cola has been a part of my life since I was a little girl. I remember the way it sounded when I used to drink it in a glass, and the glass seemed so big -- my tiny hands would just wrap around it, and I would slurp up every fizzy drop. The entire time I could hear the 'ssssssssssss' of the fizzle. The tickets are a bit pricy (I think i paid USD $18) but worth it. I tried to sample every brand / flavor they had in the sample room (52 or 62 different flavors from around the world) and I also enjoyed the 4D interactive video, which described the history and secret of coca cola.

Spend the day in Decatur. Squiggles and I loved this little strip of cafes, culture and restaurants. We managed to come back to this area twice in 4 days. We loved the Pita Pit on the corner, great service and fresh yummy pitas. Squiggles is addicted to chocolate, so we stopped off at the Chocolate Bar, they had a wide selection of gourmet chocolates and their chocolate cake was decadent and delicious. We even went and gave ourselves a mani-pedi treat at the Viet Traditional Nail Salon.

The Stone Mountain Laser Show was a fabulous tribute to the civil war, sports, peaches, music and all things awesome to ever have come out of Georgia. The presentation really blew me away and wasn't at all what I expected it to be. It lasted for about an hour, and it was pleasant to go to Stone Mountain Park in the evening with a blanket and just watch as the entire audience stood up at one point, and did the electric shuffle in unisence. Amazing. Check out schedules and timings before you go, but make sure you definitely go!  


Thanks for sticking with me readers! :) I had a fabulous spring road trip with squiggles and can't wait to  share more of the yumminess and beauty we saw. Until next time Noodle lovers! Promise the next blog will be up shortly. xx

1 comment: