Thursday, June 14, 2012

FOODIE REVIEW: Crêpes à GoGo


I love cooking. I love cooking a lot! But on Sundays when I don't feel like cooking, I like finding mom and pop restaurants, or family run places, for some no fuss and delicious food. A few weeks ago, Mr. Squiggles and I were in the mood for some crêpes. With my buddy ol' pal Yelp, I chose Crêpes à GoGo, which was amongst the top places recommended for a good crêpe.

Upon entering, I was immediately transported to the streets of Paris, and I've never been to Paris before! The cafe was bustling with french speaking staff, and a small line of people waiting to be seated. We were lucky enough to get a table within 5~10 mins, but later on I noticed people waiting for quite a while. Helpful tip: go here early or take your crêpe to go.

We were served by the owner (pictured above in the menu) she was sweet, friendly, and sold us on starting off with thier signature drink 'Limonana' -- an all natural beverage made with mint & lemon, all canadian ingredients, low in calories and sugar, best served hot OR cold. It was truly quite a delightful refreshment, light, not too sweet, you could even see the freshness represented by the tiny mint flakes in the drink.

We ordered the Parisienne folded crêpe (mushrooms, scrambled eggs, swiss cheese, sweet red onions and dill) and the Madame rolled crêpe (smoked salmon, cream cheese, sweet red onion and dill) to share. The crêpe quality was good, not soggy, perfectly cooked and yum yum yum. Each bite was perfect. The right amount of filling. The perfect blend of flavors. If I try to think too much about the flavors, I'm going to make myself hungry for them now!

I didn't get a chance to take too many photos, I tried to photograph the entire menu, but only managed to snap half of the menu before the food came before me and stole my attention. 
Don't go by my word. Go and check this place out!

Crêpes à GoGo
18 Yorkville Avenue
Toronto, ON
Tel: 1 (416) 922-6765

Parisienne

Madame

Mmmmhhmmm Craving the Chocolate...

And this is only half of their Menu. Go and check out their entire menu!

Follow me on TWITTER

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Please take me there when I visit!

    ReplyDelete