Monday, June 11, 2012

MOVIE REVIEW: Snow White & The Huntsman

Being a Twi-hard, an uber-fan of Chris Hemsworth, and lover of Charlize Theron -- this movie was already a triple threat of AWESOME, before I had even seen it. Now, throw in the efferverscent fairytale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves -- and we have magic people.

I have always been a disney fanatic, pixar admirer, religious-follower-of-all-things-cartoon-and-animation, so this rendition of a childhood classic definitely touched the inner little girl. Who am I kidding? I'm still an adult-child.

SPOILER ALERT
In this rendition of a classic fairytale, the huntsman hired to take snow white into the woods, to be killed, ends up being her protector. Joined by a band of dwarves -- the journey takes Snow White back to her father's kingdom, where she leads an army into the wicked Queen's castle and kills her.

Kristen Stewart, what can I say to you... You grow on me. I might not have liked you in Twilight, or New Moon, but by Breaking Dawn -- I was sold. Therefore, this role of Snow White, might have -- JUST MIGHT HAVE given you an opportunity to be perceived as a notable actress. I have read several other reviews online about your performance, but I think by now -- haters just love to hate. So for the first time -- GO KRISTEN STEWART!

Charlize Theron plays the grotesquely gorgeous vixen Queen, stealing youth from the young beautiful women in order to stay young -- temporarily. One day, Mirror-Mirror on the wall informs her, if she eats Snow White's heart, then she will be young and immortal forever. Charlize is one of the most beautiful villains I have seen in a while, and I absolutely loved her style and clothes in this film.

Hemsworth.. Oh Chris Hemsworth. How do I praise thee. For those of you who don't know how much I admire Chris Hemsworth, you should read my review of Thor. Hemsworth is the kind of hunk Huntsman any damsel in distress would want. Hemsworth was gallant, handsome, handsome, and handsome. After Thor I was completely convinced in his 'save the day' ways, so his role in this film just absolutely fits.

If you haven't had a chance to check out this movie yet, definitely go ahead and check it out. If you wait until the DVD -- make sure your tv is HD -- worth it.

Enjoy the trailer!




No comments:

Post a Comment