Wednesday, October 24, 2012

RECIPE: Baked Meatballs

It has been FOREVER since I've blogged. I sort of fell into a bloggers-rut and found it hard to turn on the computer and get one of these baby's going. In the last couple of months, I have moved country AGAIN and am now married to the love my life :) -- he is special to me and I have totally been wrapped up in bliss and the busy movements of moving in together.
 
On another happy note: I have been cooking, cooking, cooking! One of my favorite dishes to serve up and put together is my garlicy-yummy-nom-nommy Baked Meatballs. Something as basic as meatballs can be jazzed up, thrown together in advance and baking in the oven so that you can enjoy your time with guests or family.
 

Ingredients

For the Meatballs:
Garlic cloves
Fresh Basil
1 Part Minced beef
1 Part Minced Pork
Bread Crumbs
Parmesan
1 egg
 
For the basic Tomato Sauce:
2 Cans Tomatoes
1 Onion
Minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste



Combine all ingredients to the meatballs and shape into round balls. I pan fried them to give them a bit of a searred brown color and then I covered with the tomatoes, onions and minced garlic and let Bake for 45 minutes at 380. Serve with crusty bread and salad. Simple Simple. This can be jazzed up or down -- I added parmesan and fresh basil to the top -- the aroma was deelish.
 

What's next for Noodles?

Noodles is planning a bigger wedding for her friends and family to attend next year and also busy playing with Monki, my baby baby kitty (a recent rescue from the SPCA in Jefferson County, NY and now my princess!)
 
I've read more books-- so book reviews to come :)

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment